If the support information in this section doesn't help you solve your issue, you can contact a USRobotics Help Desk Technician directly.
Verify your product
Do you know which modem you have? Verify that the Product Number (#) on the bottom of the modem is 64-005686-05R (NOTE: Model E). If the code is 64-005686-06R (NOTE: Model G) go to the USR5686G support page.
Manuals and other Documents
|Installation for 32 and 64 bit Windows 8, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2011, and Server 2012|
The modem will install using the default driver provided by Windows .
|Installation file version 6.04.62.3 - Windows Vista 32 bit, and Vista 64 bit|
|Note: The modem will initially install using the default driver provided by Windows Vista. Our enhanced driver is available by following the instructions below:|
- Download the file to a temporary location on your computer's hard disk drive.
- Double-click the file and follow the USRobotics Modem Installation Wizard to update modem driver.
|USR5686v6.04.62.3.exe||1.1 MB ||08-02-07|
|Version 5.04.62.0 - Win 95, 98, NT, 2000, Me, XP, Server 2003, XP 64bit, and Server 2003 64bit INF file|
|Note: U.S. Robotics Internet Call Notification, Control Center, and BVRP PhoneTools are not supported on a 64-bit operating system.|
- Download the USR5686E.inf file to a temporary location on your computerís hard disk drive such as C:\temp.
- In Control Panel, double-click Modems and remove all Sportster modems.
- Shutdown the computer, connect and turn on the modem, and restart the computer.
- When prompted, choose Driver from disk provided by hardware manufacturer or search for the best driver and click OK.
- Click Browse to find the location of the saved USR5686E.inf file located on your computer's hard disk drive.
- Select the U.S. Robotics 56K fax external and then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
|USR5686E.inf||50 KB ||08-10-05|
|Updating your V.92 modem's firmware ensures optimal compatibility with your ISP and will improve your modem's performance. |
|V.92 Update - Version 5.4.79|
Windows users: To update your V.92 modem, download the flasher below, run the .exe file, and follow the on-screen instructions. |
Linux users: To update your V.92 modem, simply download the flasher below. Extract the *.gz file, and follow the instructions in the README file.
|Windows 5686 Flasher||306 KB ||03-18-08|
|Linux 5686 Flasher||169 KB ||03-18-08|
|Linux 5686 Flasher Checksum||1 KB ||03-18-08|
|Stand alone flasher - Version 5.4.76 |
|Windows 5686 Flasher||290 KB ||07-25-06|
|Linux 5686 Flasher||168 KB ||07-25-06|
You may use our automated utility to update your modem. Your Installation CD-ROM has ControlCenter. If you do not have your Installation CD-ROM, you can download ControlCenter below. ControlCenter will guide you through the update process.
|Stand alone flasher - Version 5.4.62|
|Windows 5686 Flasher||304 KB ||03-25-04|
|Linux 5686 Flasher||168 KB ||03-25-04|
|Linux 5686 Flasher Checksum||1 KB ||03-25-04|
|Modem communications application|
Cellular Modems and Gateways make the M2M world go round.
Learn all about Cellular
Get your SPAN ports back and truly see into your network traffic.
Start Tapping now!
Learn how you can save money by letting your modem, POS, fax and telephone all share one line.
Learn more now!
Stay on top of product releases, special offers, and the latest news by following us on Facebook and Twitter.
Activate your USRobotics product warranty online.
Learn how to send your product in for warranty service.